KAORU'S JAPAN 2017
NOVEMBER 27 - DECEMBER 7, 2017
If you have always wanted to go to Japan but felt intimidated because of language...
If you've been curious to know what it's like to study in Japan but not known how to connect to teachers...
If you've ever been curious to see the source of so much of what taiko drummers and fue players do these days but wouldn't know how to make the most of your time exploring Japan... THIS is the PERFECT opportunity!
15 participants minimum. However, in the event that the number of participants goes lower than 15, we may need to increase the rate.
- Guided site visits
- Transportation cost within Japan (buses, trains, taxis, etc)
- Accommodations (economy hotel, single use)
- Some meals -daily breakfast and 2 dinner (beverages not included)
*Participants are welcome from across the globe!
*The tour price does NOT cover airfare, most meals, or travel insurance.
TRAVEL AGENCY: Kintetsu International Express
Kaoru's Japan is supported by Miyamoto Unosuke Shoten and kaDON. One reason we are able to keep the cost so low is thanks to the generous support of Miyamoto.
Kaoru Watanabe will be personally guiding participants through:
- a workshop with Miyake Geinou Doushikai
- an Edo Bayashi workshop with Suzuki Kyosuke
- a workshop/demonstration by Mochizuki Saburo and a full Kabuki musical ensemble
- a Noh Theater introductory workshop
- a visit to master fue maker Ranjo's studio
- a trip to Asakusa where we will visit the Miyamoto Unosuke Shoten
- a concert featuring Fumi Tanakadate and myself with some special guests including Kodo's Chieko Kojima
- a trip to see the climactic final day/evening of Chichibu Yomatsuri (where Yatai Bayashi comes from) culminating with all the yatai in one space, with taiko and fue blaring beneath a massive fireworks display!
Also, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet various taiko players, other musicians and craftsman.