2018 7-week Session
7 classes per session with the final day being a recital performance.
$200 per session
- February 25 - April 15 (No class on April 1 or 2) *Full*
- May 13 - July 1 (No class on May 27) *Full! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be waitlisted!*
- July 15 - August 26
- September 9 - October 28 (No class on October 7 or 8)
Beginner Level Class
7 classes, Every Sunday, 12-2pm
Repertoire: Yatai Bayashi (Beginner I: the short pattern in the standing position; Beginner II: the long pattern in the sitting position)
7 classes, Every Sunday, 2-4pm
Repertoire: Fundamentals (beta) and Yoko uchi
Class: Every Sunday 4-6pm
Rehersal: Every Tuesday 7-9pm
Repertoire: Review and development of Yatai Bayashi, Miyake, Chakuto, Edobayashi, Hachijo, etc.
Thursday Night Drills KWTC
Every Thursday night 7-9pm. Drop-in class. $10 per session. Limited to students taking classes.
Thursday nights, the KWTC studio is open to any enrolled student who'd like to continue to train outside of regular classes. There will be a suggested regiment towards building stamina, speed, precision, listening skills, improvising over various ji, and more.
All the students except ensemble class are allowed to come to Thursday drill session to make up for a missed class up to two times with no extra cost if a notice is given to the instructor in advance.
If you are someone who already has experience playing taiko, please contact us to see which class is most appropriate for you.
Drop-in classes are available from time to time.
Beginner / Intermediate / KWTC Ensemble Classes…$200 per session
Payment types accepted: Cash, check, or PayPal.
- 100% refund if a student cancels more than a week before the first class.
- 50% refund if a student cancels within a week of the first class.
- No refund if a student cancels on the day of or after the first class.
Registration Policy for continuing students
5th class is the deadline for continuing students (currently enrolled) to sign up in order to secure a spot for the following session. After this date, the registration opens to general public as well. Students are accepted on first come first serve.
Private Lessons…Prices vary.
Please inquire at email@example.com
Private Lessons in Taiko or Fue (Japanese bamboo flute)
We offer private lessons in both taiko and fue for individuals, small groups or other taiko or music groups/organizations. Please consult with us on pricing and scheduling.
Performances & Workshops
Kaoru Watanabe and/or our ensemble group, Ne-O, are available for performances and workshops. Please inquire with us if you are interested in having us perform at your event.
Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
STUDIO POLICIES & GENERAL INFO
Taiko drumming can be a very physical, often strenuous activity. Safety and health are our top priorities. If you have any health issues or conditions that may affect your drumming, please notify the instructor in advance.
WHAT TO BRING:
Classes can get physical, so we suggest you bring the following:
- Small towel
- If you don't want to go barefoot, then bring indoor shoes (clean tabi or other types of shoes with flexibility and traction). Street shoes are not allowed in the studio.
- Bachi (taiko drumming sticks). If you don't own bachi, you can purchase them through us. For trial sessions, we are happy to lend you a pair.
- Street shoes are not allowed in the studio. You may go barefoot or wear shoes with clean soles (ex. tabi, water shoes)
- To avoid injury or damaging the instruments, please remove jewelry during class, in particular jewelry on the hands, wrists and feet.
- No hats (unless worn for cultural/religious reasons), chewing gum or eating during class.
- We are a small community dojo. Please do your best to respect the space and help keep our studio clean and well-maintained.