In alphabetical order
A Brief Overview Of Classical Music
The list includes a wide variety of folk dances, festivals, obon and other Japanese performing arts with a heavy bias for those that use taiko.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself while viewing these videos:
- What are the instruments being used? Can you identify them?
- How do each instruments sound individually and how do they sound collectively?
- What do you think the music is about?
- Where is the region where the music comes from and what is that region like?
- What is the role the taiko has in the overall performance? What makes it effective?
- What are the artifacts being used? (masks, costumes, fans, swords, mikoshi, yatai, sasara, etc.)
*This is taken from Kaoru sensei's post on Facebook. Read the full version here!
Heian Period 794-1185